Here is a list of all board positions (as listed in the by-laws) with a short description of each position and the duties and responsibilities that go with it. For a full description, please refer to the by-laws, published in the MEMBERS section of the PVCF website. (pvcf/videographer)
- President - presides over meetings, presents periodic reports, represents PVCF when dealing with the public, plans meeting agendas
- Vice President - presides over meetings in absence of president, coordinates meetings and A/V needs, assists president with performance of his/her duties
- Secretary - Obtains, maintains and submits minutes of all monthly meetings and official business, keeps all official records
- Treasurer - ensures PVCF are reasonably and prudently invested, maintains financial records and bank accounts, prepares operating budget and files any appropriate annual income taxes
- Webmaster - maintains web domain and hosting details, updates website, transmits newsletters/updates via email, maintains blog and forum
- Membership Director - maintains contact information database of all members, maintains record of meeting attendance, solicits new members
- Promotional Director - (new position, unofficial description) Promotes PVCF image to the public and membership at various events, discover and create promotional opportunities to enhance the image of PVCF and Professional Video (eg. bridal shows, open house), develops promotional materials to be distributed at official PVCF events
- Librarian - Acquire and maintain professional developmental materials to be used by PVCF members, make materials available to members at monthly meetings and track their usage
We will also be looking for volunteers for various committees to assist the Board in their duties.
NOTE: BRIAN IS LOOKING FOR A MEMBER TO TAKE OVER OR ASSIST WITH THE MONTHLY RAFFLE, INCLUDING CONTACTING VARIOUS VENDORS FOR MONTHLY RAFFLE ITEMS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE LET BRIAN KNOW AT THE NEXT MEETING OR VIA EMAIL.
If you are interested in being a candidate for any position, please inform Bobby at Tuesday's meeting! Don't forget your Annual Member Dues!